E3 International (E3I) is an American company based in Bethesda, Maryland, with a registered office in Belgrade. E3I has over 15 years of experience in successfully developing sustainable strategies to promote energy security and implementing high-impact sustainable energy solutions that serve as best practices to promote market transformation. E3I is focused on:
- Developing an enabling environment to support reforms in the electricity sector, including the introduction of renewable energy sources;
- Integration of variable renewable energy sources;
- Improving energy efficiency in the industrial, commercial, public and residential sectors;
- Development, implementation and monitoring / evaluation of energy efficiency projects and pilot projects;
- Development of initiatives for adaptation to climate change.
E3I in cooperation with various international financial institutions (US Agency for International Development – USAID, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development – EBRD, Austrian Development Agency – ADA, World Bank, Millennium Challenge Corporation, etc.) has helped implement over 500 projects globally over $ 1 billion, including projects in EU member states, transition countries in Southeast and Central Europe, as well as in the Caribbean, the Middle East, North and Sub-Saharan Africa and Central Asia.
This includes an extensive portfolio of sustainable energy projects in Serbia and the Western Balkans:
• From 2009 to 2021, E3I was the implementing partner of the EBRD Sustainable Energy Credit Line for the Western Balkans (WeBSEFF) www.webseff.com , focused on the development of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects for investment in commercial, industrial, agricultural and the municipal sector across the region, with a total value of over 200 million euros.
• E3I is also a complementary partner in the first USAID energy projects in Serbia (2018 – today), projects focused on finding sustainable energy solutions in the field of district heating, as well as in the building sector with an emphasis on the residential sector.
• In cooperation with the Austrian Development Agency (ADA), E3I is implementing the first phase of a regional project focused on establishing and promoting energy crops as an important component in the energy stability of the Western Balkans – SLLEI project ( www.sustainablebalkans.org ).